- The outstanding symptom is the key to follow, no matter how remote this symptom may be from the pathology.
- Symptoms indicating the curative remedy often lie outside those that make up the pathology of the case.
- Hahnemann's central idea is fundamental that the farther an outstanding symptom seems removed from the ordinary course of disease, the greater is that symptom's value in determining the remedy.
- After a remedy has acted, repeating the remedy too soon is one of the greatest mistakes that can be made. (Boger)
- After a prescription giving relief, do not give a remedy for any new symptom appearing in a less vital part. (Adolph Lippe)
- In chronic cases do not repeat or change a remedy too soon.This statement needs to be repeated a thousand times. (Sloan)
- Ultimates do not indicate the remedy. In cancer the sharp pains, ulceration and anemia are ultimates. Preceding symptoms must be found and on these the remedy selected.
- Do not dip into the chronic state when dealing with an acute condition and vice versa. (Roberts.)
- Do not commence treatment of any chronic disease during an acute exacerbation. Prescribe for the acute symptoms.
- In treating a chronic case, if an acute condition appear, unless it becomes dangerous or throws upon the screen some individualistic indication, it should generally not be interfered with.
- If an acute disease appears on top of a chronic, you must let the remedy work its way out. (Boger)
- In any complicated chronic case, the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.
- There is no better evidence of the good action of a remedy than mental improvement. (Kent)
- Prescribe for the last symptom to open the case.Follow with related remedy if any.
- Cure your case in layers, the last layer first. (Woodbury)
Wednesday, 22 July 2020
"Key Points to be Remembered"
Whole of the 18 th century in Europe marked by plethora of theories and hypothesis concerning the nature of disease and its causation ⇩...
In 1796--An essay on a new principle for ascertaining the curative powers of drugs. In 1805--Aesculapius in the Balance. In 1805--Medicine o...
According to J.H. Clark -This is one of the principal nosodes of cancer, and is one of Dr. Burnett's preparations. I have met with a sui...
Fragmenta de viribus medicamentorum positivis sive in sano corpore humano observatis (“ Fragmentary Observations Relative to the Positive ...