- A man apart- Aethusa always remains separate from others. He feels withdrawn, but in a very singular way. But inside he experiences very deep, intense emotions, that he does not communicate to other people. He may feel friendly, but he appears aloof.
- “I didn’t grow up in a happy family, I am different from other people.”- Patient always feel disconnected from everyone. He feels that no one can understands him. He always feels alienated.
- "Drawn to one singular outlet: animals"- So he withdraws himself from outside world and makes extraordinary communication with animals. He spends most of his time with animals. If someone hurts animal he can do anything even hurt people. He has decided to refrain from communicating with other people. (Animal protector)
- Delusion of animals- “I am not interested in the love of human beings, only the love of animals.” (Kent repertory). A deep subconscious connection with animals.
- Talk to himself- When there is insufficient outlets for his intense emotions and if the feelings remain withheld, the emotions can stuff the subconscious mind. This overloading sets and patient's mind starts the brimming, subconscious mind overflows and we may often see the patient begin to talk to himself.
- “Fear of sleep - Fears to close his eyes lest he should never wake,” fear of surgery; the patient fears that he will not awaken from the anesthesia because combination of both the fear of sleep and fear of dark makes him fear of surgery. Fear of the dark. When he finally go to sleep, the sleep is restless and he starts, talks in his sleep and may even be prone to somnambulism.
- Linea nasalis- He always seems to be serious and always give an impression of deep meditating about the affairs, so linea nasalis is well marked.
- Examination Funk- His benumb mind makes it feel empty and incapable of perceiving, retaining and processing information. Schoolboys or students cannot concentrate their mind on their work. It seems impossible to prepare for an examination because they are unable to read anything, unable to think or even focus or pay attention. They feel a kind of stupefaction as if a barrier is between their organs of sense and the external objects.
Friday, 31 July 2020
Sunday, 26 July 2020
According to Kent: - "The internal state of man is prior to that which surrounds him ; therefore, environment is not cause ; it is only, as it were, a sounding board ; it only reacts upon and reflects the internal. One who has the prior, which is internal, may have that which can follow upon the external ; it flows, as it were from the internal and effects its forms upon the skin, upon the organs, upon the body of man."
According to Hahnemann: - "Psora is the underlying cause, and is the primitive or primary disorder of the human race. It is a disordered state of the internal economy of the human race. This state express itself in the forms of the varying chronic diseases, or chronic manifestations."
According to Kent:- "Thinking, willing and doing are the 3 things in life from which finally proceed the chronic miasms.''...........had Psora never been established as a miasm upon the human race... susceptibility to acute diseases would have been impossible... it is the foundation of all sickness."
Friday, 24 July 2020
- Apis-- Lower potency repetition in pregnancy (Farrington)
- Kali. Carb.-- Too high in old gout, Bright's disease, advanced Phthisis (Kent)
- Merc.-- Too often in Psoric cases (Kent)
- Arsenic alb.-- In dysentery (Kent)
- Sulphur-- Phthisis and structural diseases (Kent)
- Phos.-- Beware in impotency or very weak constitutions (Kent)
- Natrum Mur.-- Shouldn't often repeated in chronic cases without an intercurrent called by the symptoms.
- Natrum mur.-- Should never be given during fever paroxysms
- Iodum-- Should not be given in lying-in period except in high potencies (Hering)
- Ferrum-- Should not be given in syphilis
- Potash salts-- Should never be used when there is fever
- Santonine-- Don't give when there is fever or constipation
Wednesday, 22 July 2020
- The outstanding symptom is the key to follow, no matter how remote this symptom may be from the pathology.
- Symptoms indicating the curative remedy often lie outside those that make up the pathology of the case.
- Hahnemann's central idea is fundamental that the farther an outstanding symptom seems removed from the ordinary course of disease, the greater is that symptom's value in determining the remedy.
- After a remedy has acted, repeating the remedy too soon is one of the greatest mistakes that can be made. (Boger)
- After a prescription giving relief, do not give a remedy for any new symptom appearing in a less vital part. (Adolph Lippe)
- In chronic cases do not repeat or change a remedy too soon.This statement needs to be repeated a thousand times. (Sloan)
- Ultimates do not indicate the remedy. In cancer the sharp pains, ulceration and anemia are ultimates. Preceding symptoms must be found and on these the remedy selected.
- Do not dip into the chronic state when dealing with an acute condition and vice versa. (Roberts.)
- Do not commence treatment of any chronic disease during an acute exacerbation. Prescribe for the acute symptoms.
- In treating a chronic case, if an acute condition appear, unless it becomes dangerous or throws upon the screen some individualistic indication, it should generally not be interfered with.
- If an acute disease appears on top of a chronic, you must let the remedy work its way out. (Boger)
- In any complicated chronic case, the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.
- There is no better evidence of the good action of a remedy than mental improvement. (Kent)
- Prescribe for the last symptom to open the case.Follow with related remedy if any.
- Cure your case in layers, the last layer first. (Woodbury)
--'From Homeopathic Recorder'
- Calcarea Carb.
- Phosphoric acid
- Carbo veg.
Monday, 20 July 2020
Saturday, 18 July 2020
- Actual indifference
- Feigning indifference
Thursday, 16 July 2020
“Lack of feeling for or against anything; apathy; lack of sufficient importance to constitute a difference; not easily interested or moved; neither good or bad, desirable or undesirable”
Monday, 13 July 2020
In 1795 Hufeland, renowned in all Germany, began to publish in Jena, a medical journal called, Journal der practischen Arzneykunde und Wundarzneykunst.
" Every powerful medicinal substance produces in the human body a kind of peculiar disease; the more powerful the medicine, the more peculiar, marked and violent the disease.We should imitate nature which sometimes cures a chronic disease by super adding another, and employ in the (especially chronic) disease we wish to cure that medicine which is able to produce another very similar artificial disease, and the former will be cured ; Similia Similibus."
"In which he tried earnestly to throw away all the odds, peculiar , deleterious application of the medicine prevailed at that period and showed a new way through the simple way of the rational art of healing which shouldn’t imitate the nature rather than based on the sound natural law / principle."
"Medicine is a science of Experience; it's object is to eradicate diseases by means of remedies".
Saturday, 11 July 2020
According to William Boericke-Carcinoma of the mammary glands with great pain and induration of glands; of uterus, the offensive discharge, hemorrhage and pain are greatly relieved.
Indigestion, accumulation of gas in stomach and bowels; rheumatism-Cancerous cachexia.
Why Hahnemann change the Motto in second edition of Organon of Medicine from 'Gellert poem to Aude Sapere'
Friday, 10 July 2020
This writing exhibits that he had lack of certainty and development in the art of medicine because physicians were unaware of facts that druggist was making the same drug or giving substitutions of prescription or giving them inaccurate compound as prescribed by doctors.
He was against the laws of the time that physicians were forbidding the preparation or dispensing the medicine. He said that preparation of medicine should not be trusted to the apothecary (who prepared and sold the drugs). Physician should understand how to prepare his own medicines so that he may know exactly what he is giving to his patient and be certain that there is no substitution or mistake in giving medicine.
Hahnemann said in this article "I repeat," he says, "from the very nature of the thing, I repeat, the physician should be prohibited, under the severest penalties, from allowing any other person to prepare the medicines required for his patients ; he should be required, under the severest penalties, to prepare them himself, so that he may be able to vouch for the result.
But that it should be forbidden to the physician to prepare his own instruments for the saving of life-no human being could have fallen on such an idea a priori."
It must be remembered that the man who opposes the art of apothecary compiled a very important book which gives principles and practice of pharmacy in detail.
And yet Hahnemann was forbidden to prepare or dispense his own medicines, and was driven from place to place because he attempted to do so. It is to be presumed that he really knew more about the business than most of the members of the Worshipful Company of the Apothecaries, who persecuted him.
He continues in this treatise as follows :
"It would have been much more sensible to prohibit authoritatively, Titian, Guido Reni, Michael Angelo, Raphael, Correggio or Mengs from preparing their own instruments (their expressive, beautiful and durable colors), and have ordered them to purchase them in some shop indicated.
By the purchased colors not prepared by themselves, their paintings, far from being the inimitable masterpieces they are, would have been ordinary daubs and mere market goods.
And even had they all become mere common market goods, the damage would not have been so great as if the life of even the meanest slave (for he too is a man) should be endangered by untrustworthy health instruments (medicines) purchased from and prepared by strangers. (Lesser Writings," New York, page 434.)
- In 1796--An essay on a new principle for ascertaining the curative powers of drugs.
- In 1805--Aesculapius in the Balance.
- In 1805--Medicine of Experience.
- In 1808--On the Value of the Speculative System of Medicine.
- In 1809--Observations on the Three Current Methods of Treatment.
- In 1813--The Spirit of the Homeopathic Doctrine of Medicine.
Thursday, 9 July 2020
Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Why Hahnemann used motto from poet Gellert on the title page of first edition of Organon of Medicine?
Sunday, 5 July 2020
Friday, 3 July 2020
Why Hahnemann uses the word WHOLE in it?
Homeopathy is a therapeutic method, an instrument for the selection of the most suitable remedy for each case. According to Hughes , "...
Fragmenta de viribus medicamentorum positivis sive in sano corpore humano observatis (“ Fragmentary Observations Relative to the Positive ...
In 1796--An essay on a new principle for ascertaining the curative powers of drugs. In 1805--Aesculapius in the Balance. In 1805--Medicine o...
According to J.H. Clark -This is one of the principal nosodes of cancer, and is one of Dr. Burnett's preparations. I have met with a sui...